Friday, December 03, 2010

Anne's 12 Days of Christmas



Anne loves "The 12 Days of Christmas." It is one of her favorite songs to sing. She spends a large amount of time dwelling on the 12 days of Christmas. It is very important stuff...

So, I was cracking up today as I listened to her singing her own version of the song. While I was working in the kitchen, not paying much attention to her, I overheard a few catchy lines that caused me to peak in on her. There she sat on the sofa, all prim and proper, peeling a clementine and very seriously singing about

9 houses
8 teddy bears
7 smoking pipes
5 Ipods
3 cats
2 dogs
and a partridge in a pear tree.

The four-year-old mind is so fascinating!

2 comments:

Susan said...

I love this post. I am laughing as I type. AND I LOVE THAT GIRL! She brings me and Pop-Pop such joy!

Anonymous said...

SO cute! I cannot wait to see your sweet girls!